select iCat embodiment

The iCat embodiment has many features that will enable a detailed user interaction application

Moderators: iCat support, Support

select iCat embodiment

Postby Chicco » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:03 pm

Hello,

i have a problem, where can I change the Icat embodiment from the virtual icat to the physical Icat at the runtime? I read that is possible.

My problem ist that, when i connect the Pc with the physical Icat and when i start OPPR, then run first the Virtual Icat. But when i switch Icat off/on then i have the connection to the physical Icat.

thx
Chicco

iCat embodiment

Postby saerbeck » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Dear Chicco,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the embodiment on run-time. However, you can influence the behaviour by which the default embodiment is selected. If you want to select by default the physical iCat and the virtual one only if the physical one is not available, you have to modify the config file AnimationConfig.xm tol:

<Embodiment>Philips iCat,Virtual iCat</Embodiment>

The file is located in OPPR\Believability\Animationmodule

Please let us know if this answered you question.

Kind regards,
saerbeck

Postby Chicco » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

what about the "select" commmand mentioned in one of the manuals(Iam not sure if user guide or dml api)

It should change the embodiment, but the OPPR console does not understand the parameters(select "philps icat"). But the command is available

cu
Chicco

Return to Hardware